WELL is a purpose-driven organization, that is at the “heart of healthcare” and is committed to practitioner enablement, safeguarding patient data, and a healthy place to work!
WELL Health Technologies (TSX: WELL) (OTCQX: WHTCF) (“WELL” or “the Company“), a digital health company focused on positively impacting health outcomes by leveraging technology to empower healthcare practitioners and their patients globally, is pleased to announce the release of its inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report, highlighting the company’s ESG practices and performance. The report covers the year ended December 31, 2021, and details WELL’s ongoing commitment to empowering practitioners and positively impacting health outcomes while highlighting the company’s commitment to improve and enhance its practices around environmentalism, social awareness, and governance.
“We are proud to introduce our inaugural ESG Report that showcases our commitments, efforts, and responsibilities to drive real positive societal change for all of our stakeholders,” said Hamed Shahbazi, CEO and Founder. “WELL’s outlook remains positive across all aspects of our business, including delivering on our strategic ESG priorities. For 2022, our goals include augmenting our ESG performance indicators, continuing to build a best-in-class employee experience, and continuing to deliver on our purpose to positively impact health outcomes by leveraging technology to empower healthcare practitioners and their patients”.
See related article: Planet Fitness Becomes First Fitness Brand to Achieve the WELL Health-Safety Rating
Shane Sabatino, Chief People Officer at WELL, and the executive responsible for WELL’s ESG Strategy said, “This report represents a significant step forward in our commitment to Environmental, Social, and Governance issues and provides stakeholders clarity on how we will accomplish these goals. People are at the heart of everything we do, ESG will continue to grow as a key focus for WELL, and we look forward to providing future updates and building upon our sustainable strategies”.
WELL’s 2021 ESG Report is guided by several global ESG standards, including Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Health Care Delivery and Software & IT Services Industry Standards, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). The report provides a detailed view of ESG matters that the Company believes are the most relevant to our stakeholders while ensuring there is a foundation of good governance in all that we do, including the following ESG Priorities (highlights and achievements):
Priority #1: Practitioner support and digital enablement
- Helping practitioners deliver improved health outcomes, WELL is a tech-enabled healthcare company that empowers physicians with a powerful line-up of digital tools and services we refer to as our practitioner enablement platform.
- Our offering provides all the benefits of a fully managed hybrid environment inclusive of brick and mortar and/or virtual delivery capabilities including online and offline medical office assistant support, billing & back-office management, and referral workflow support. It ensures healthcare providers can optimize their schedules so they can spend more time with their patients and less time doing administrative work.
- WELL’s digital offerings reduce wait times, travel times (reducing GHGs), and other traditional socio-economic barriers that are often associated with accessing in-person care.
Priority #2: Safeguarding patient data
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of our patients’ data while empowering them to proactively leverage their health information is a core element to achieving our mission to positively impact health outcomes.
- Continued investment into WELL’s cybersecurity approach to build and improve capabilities
- 100% of WELL’s EMR Group is certified in ISO27001, ISO13284 or ISO13485
- WELL had zero reportable data breaches in 2021
Priority #3: A healthy place to work
- Diversity is highlighted in the ESG report as an invaluable strength at WELL. Currently WELL has 70% of Senior Executive team members representing a visible minority. Furthermore, WELL is committed to achieving at least 33% female representation on its board by the end of 2022.
- Developed a comprehensive COVID-19 response to protect patients and staff in all WELL owned clinics, which resulted in zero COVID-19 outbreaks
- Continued support for a range of well-being initiatives, available to all team members and business units, to help team members stay physically and mentally healthy in a psychologically safe work environment
The full-length report can be found at esg.well.company and on the investor relations section of the company’s website.